Completing university degree is not as easy as college student think of it even sometimes they have perceived that the academic life is going to be more fun in university and believe me it’s a myth. No doubt you can enjoy but not by staying free or doing less work than your college life but enjoy by studying more, doing long hours job to meet your expenditure and struggle more for your survival. The most irritating, troubling and stressing thing for a university student is to maintain his budgeting where the expenditures are not more than their income. The situation becomes worst for those who are relying only on scholarship payments. So if you are a college student and planning to study university degree on scholarship or you are studying in university on scholarship then you need to focus on budgeting first.
In regards to keep your expenditures equal or even lesser than your income, there are two ways, first is to cut the expenses or increase your income. These two options are briefly discussed to give you a clear picture of budgeting for a university student;
Reduce Your Expenses
- Estimate Expenses in Advance: Calculating your expenses in advance gives you an idea which how much you need for your survival and which extra expenditures you are encoring those can be cut-off.
- Use University Transport: Many universities offer shuttle services for students on annual, semi-annual or monthly charges those are far lesser than using routine public transport or your private vehicle. Transport does not seem an important factor of routine expenditures but believes me it is among the key expenses of a students’ life.
- Cook for yourself: Eating junk food or from restaurants, not just costs more but also effects your health that is double cost encoring way by paying for medicines and missing academic sessions as well. So cooking for yourself is not just money saving but also helps you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and write your dissertation with fresh mind..
- Shop Necessities from Discount Offers: There are some seasons, events or occasion when there is discount offers everywhere so buy your necessities from there as much as you need not more than that.
Earn More/Increase Your Income
- Sale Unnecessary Belongings: Many of us have many unnecessary belongings those are not paying us anything instead costing so sale them out and have some cash in your account so you can use that easily at the time of need.
- Part-Time Job: Many students who are living on scholarship face income issues because they do not do any job because they think it will affect their studies. They do not know that the stress of lack of money is affecting their studies worse than spending some time for a job on routine or weekend bases.
- Freelancing: Technology has made it easier for you to do a part-time job by staying at your place for a time that is feasible for you to work and how long you want to work. So grab freelance opportunities related to your interest and field of study it can be writing, SEO work, data entry, online tutoring etc.