Physical geography is also known as geo-systems and physiography. Physical geography is considered as one of the most important fields of geography. It is an essential branch of natural science which deals with the patterns and processes in the natural environment. In these patterns and processes of the natural environment, there comes atmosphere, biosphere and geosphere etc. The domains of human geography also come into physical geography. Here, experts of cheap dissertation writing services will discuss the difference between physical geography and geology. Physical geography is also divided into several sub-fields. These sub-fields are explained below;
- First sub-field is known as geomorphology. In the geomorphology, we deal with the internal structure and shape of the Earth. Geomorphology is further subdivided into some fields like desert morphology and fluvial morphology.
- The second sub-field is known as hydrology. The main concern of this essential sub-field of physical geography is to study the amount and quality of water. We also study the hydrological cycle in the hydrology.
- Third sub-field is known as glaciology. In this essential sub-field of physical geography, we deal with the study of the glaciers and ice sheets. We also study cryosphere in this essential subfield of physical geography. In the cryosphere, there involves the phenomenon of ice.
- Fourth sub-field is known as biogeography. In the biogeography, we study distributive patterns of different species and the possible results associated with these patterns.
- Fifth sub-field is known as climatology. In the climatology, we study the changes which are occurred due to different changes in the climates.
- Sixth sub-field is known as meteorology. In this sub-field of physical geography, we study different weathers and their long-term as well as short-term impacts.
Geology is known as earth science. In the geology, we study earth science and the rocks which are associated with the earth. As these rocks change over time, therefore, we also study why these rocks change over time in the geology. The solid features of some natural satellites like Mars and moon also come into geology. We can also see the overlapping of the geology with the physical geography. Its reason is that in the geology, we have to study some earth sciences like hydrology and atmospheric sciences. There are also some sub-fields of geology. These sub-fields are explained below;
In the geochemistry, there come all the chemical processes which form and shape our earth. All the cycles of matter and energy that become a cause of transporting the chemical compositions of earth come into geochemistry.
The motion and composition of different columns of water come into oceanography. The processes that are responsible for this motion and composition also come into oceanography.
Fossils and livings of the organisms come into palaeontology. We also study the fossils and revealing of planets in the palaeontology.
In marine and other deposits, there are some grains. The study which focuses on the physical properties and processes of these grains is known as sedimentology.
Some other sub-fields of geology are benthic ecology, marine geochemistry and spectral geology.